Saturday, September 08, 2007

It's Cool To Be 'Highly educated people'

...just like Mos Def.

Why is the truth so hard to come by for celebrities? Perhaps when one's livelihood is predicated on convincing others to suspend their disbelief, blind credulity comes easy.

In a series of incredulous, half-baked, moonbatty conspiracy theory nonsense on Bill Maher's show, rapper/actor Mos Def declared himself the poster child for irrational "9/11 trutherism" and the like:

DEF: I don't believe it was bin Laden today, I don't believe it was never him. I think it's some dude just standing, I don't even, I can't even believe. I don't even, I'm sorry, I'm from the projects, I know danger. I don't feel no danger from that shit, those mother-fuckers.

BILL MAHER: But you don't think bin Laden knocked down the Word Trade Center?

DEF: Absolutely not.

MAHER: Come on.

DEF: I don't. I don't. You know what, I don't.

MAHER: That's where you lose me, my friend, and I'm so on your side, but you know what.

DEF: In any barbershop I am so not alone, I'm so not alone.

MAHER: That doesn't mean you're right.

DEF: That don't mean it is not valid neither. Highly-educated people in all areas of science have spoken on the fishiness around the whole 9/11 theory. It's like the magic-bullet and all that shit.

MAHER: Then what happened?

DEF: I don't believe these mother-fuckers have been to the moon either, but that's just me.


Yo, yo, yo, dats mos def da troof, yo.

He laughably views himself as a circumspect, adroit observer. The guy is 'mos def' far from the truth.

I give Maher credit for calling him out, and somehow keeping himself from choking the fool across the desk.

For any 'highly educated people' out there, there is much more to be learned about 9/11, and even the moon landing from Bill Whittle.

No comments: