Thursday, July 26, 2007

A Terrorist's Diary

Note to Self: When conducting an insurgency in Iraq with my fellow Islamic Fundamentalist Mujihadeen, (Allah be praised), if a laser guided bomb hits a nearby building, don't flee the building, because an F16 may be waiting to send me to meet the 72 Virgins I am promised before I have gotten to kill any infidels.


This is a video from a F16 doing CAS (close air support) during the recent fighting in Fallujah... This F16 was on such a mission, to hit a building with an LGB (laser guided bomb).

After the weapon had been launched 30+ insurgents left the building en masse to hurry to a nearby engagement with US Marines. The fighting had been going on for hours. The pilot communicates with the FAC (forward air controller) either in the air or on the ground, and changes the flight path of the bomb while it is en route to the target. You can clearly see the "L" flashing in the MFD (multi-function display), and TGP (terminally guided projectile) is selected. It is the pilot who says "I got numerous individuals on the road, do you want me to take those out?" The FAC says "Take em out!"

Click here to watch the video.

No comments: