Wednesday, July 25, 2007

From Triumph To Tragedy


I play soccer once a week with friends. It's just a pick-up game in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. I love soccer, not that I'm very good at the sport. So this I can understand: Iraq and Saudi Arabia Advance to Asian Cup Final

Thousands of fans gathered in the central Baghdad district of Karradah to celebrate Iraq's victory by dancing, beating drums and chanting ''Iraq! Iraq!

But the murder which followed is beyond my experience:

The first bomb exploded in a crowd of people cheering near a well-known ice cream parlor in Baghdad's western neighborhood of Mansour, according to police and hospital officials. At least 30 people were killed and 75 were wounded, an Interior Ministry official said.


Gateway Pundit has more, including pictures.

No comments: