Friday, March 16, 2007

Democrats can't explain their own Iraq Strategy

The Pelosi/Obey press conference is painful to watch.

I really had a lot of hope when the Democrats gained the majority in November... I had hope for domestic policy they would improve. Instead, they've been trying repeatedly to direct the war on terrorism from Capitol Hill by Committee.

Of course, a war cannot be run by committe, and certainly not by politicians... which leads me to wonder if that isn't their goal?

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Democrats have the most to gain by staying away from Iraq. If Bush does well, they can claim they allowed him to operate. If Bush fails, they can then claim that Bush failed.

Now that Democrats have gotten themselves so intimately involved, they will be held equally liable for failure.

No comments: