Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Czech President Vaclav Klaus on Global Warming and Gore

Drudge Report:

President of Czech Republic Calls Man-Made Global Warming a 'Myth' - Questions Gore's Sanity

This is how he finished the interview:

Q: Don't you believe that we're ruining our planet?
A: I will pretend that I haven't heard you. Perhaps only Mr Al Gore may be saying something along these lines: a sane person can't. I don't see any ruining of the planet, I have never seen it, and I don't think that a reasonable and serious person could say such a thing. Look: you represent the economic media so I expect a certain economical erudition from you. My book will answer these questions. For example, we know that there exists a huge correlation between the care we give to the environment on one side and the wealth and technological prowess on the other side. It's clear that the poorer the society is, the more brutally it behaves with respect to Nature, and vice versa. It's also true that there exist social systems that are damaging Nature - by eliminating private ownership and similar things - much more than the freer societies. These tendencies become important in the long run. They unambiguously imply that today, on February 8th, 2007, Nature is protected uncomparably more than on February 8th ten years ago or fifty years ago or one hundred years ago. That's why I ask: how can you pronounce the sentence you said? Perhaps if you're unconscious? Or did you mean it as a provocation only? And maybe I am just too naive and I allowed you to provoke me to give you all these answers, am I not? It is more likely that you actually believe what you say.
I don't know much about the Czech President, and not being a scientist, I cannot comment on global warming either. But there's no doubt that Klaus articulated a punishing, brutal verbal attack on Global Warming advocates, and former Vice President Al Gore.

No comments: